IV-17 Explorer Kits & ZM1350 Smartsocket Boards — Both With Tubes

Mac Doktor

Sep 1, 2022, 1:04:27 PM9/1/22
to neonixie-l
Just turned up on eBay (same seller):

Terry Bowman, KA4HJH
"The Mac Doctor"

“...the book said something astonishing, a very big thought. The stars, it said, were suns but very far away. The Sun was a star but close up.”—Carl Sagan, "The Backbone Of Night", Cosmos, 1980

Michail Wilson

Sep 1, 2022, 2:30:21 PM9/1/22
to neoni...@googlegroups.com

Thanks.

I decided to get the ZMs.  It’s about time.

Michail

Mac Doktor

Sep 1, 2022, 2:40:07 PM9/1/22
to neonixie-l
On Sep 1, 2022, at 2:30 PM, Michail Wilson <M...@Michail.com> wrote:

Thanks.
I decided to get the ZMs.  It’s about time.

I grabbed the first Explorer kit (sans tubes) when he listed it yesterday. I wouldn't be surprised to see something else turn up tomorrow.

Terry Bowman, KA4HJH
"The Mac Doctor"

https://www.astarcloseup.com

"Every kid starts out as a natural-born scientist, and then we beat it out of them. A few trickle through the system with their wonder and enthusiasm for science intact."—Carl Sagan, Psychology Today, 1996

Greg P

Sep 1, 2022, 5:00:40 PM9/1/22
to neonixie-l
That eBayer has been selling a lot of Nixie related clocks, tubes, etc along with sex toys.  From what I can tell he must be a liquidator and I presume bought out a Nixie collection from someone who either passed away or decided to get out of the hobby.

Craig Smuda

Sep 5, 2022, 8:44:11 AM9/5/22
to neonixie-l
Just bought some IN-18s and an older nixie-tester kit, received extremely quickly and in good shape. A data point to add- the items were shipped from Brighton Beach in NYC, a major Russian and related language outpost. So it could well be the seller saw an area of opportunity for importing and branched into it- there are a number of things like the nixie testers which a collector wouldn't have many multiples of. Regardless, will vouch for a good experience, at least for the nixie stuff, can't comment on the sex toys.

Mac Doktor

Sep 5, 2022, 1:07:28 PM9/5/22
to neonixie-l
On Sep 5, 2022, at 8:44 AM, Craig Smuda <csm...@gmail.com> wrote:

Just bought some IN-18s and an older nixie-tester kit, received extremely quickly and in good shape. A data point to add- the items were shipped from Brighton Beach in NYC, a major Russian and related language outpost. So it could well be the seller saw an area of opportunity for importing and branched into it- there are a number of things like the nixie testers which a collector wouldn't have many multiples of.

I'm surprised that so much is still shipping from Ukraine. There's been an increase in new listings of Nixie et al on eBay in recent months. I've never seen many of the sellers before and they're from all over the map. Some US sellers are asking low-end market prices.

Regardless, will vouch for a good experience, at least for the nixie stuff, can't comment on the sex toys.

Well, Saturday I received a package containing an all-in-one beginner's bondage kit. I suppose that someone else now has my IV-17 Explorer kit. No doubt they intended to do a different kind of exploration and are quite disappointed.  o_O

BTW, he has two more Explorer kits today. The price has almost doubled:

Terry Bowman, KA4HJH
"The Mac Doctor"

"There is no Main Street anymore except at Disneyland—and try and buy a gun there"—Hank Hill

Greg P

Sep 5, 2022, 5:39:25 PM9/5/22
to neonixie-l
This seller is some kind of estate liquidator I'm convinced of that.   Some of the clocks he sold could be traced by serial numbers and the original buyer has since passed away.  Again, this is my speculation based on the deceased and where this seller is located, both in Northern New Jersey, Metro NY area.

As far as the sex toys, who knows maybe they bought out one of those seedy places in Times Square.

Instrument Resources of America

Sep 5, 2022, 5:51:21 PM9/5/22
to 'Greg P' via neonixie-l

I have not looked into this yet, but my suspicions are that most of what is being shipped from Ukraine must be far removed from the fighting and war zone.    Ira.

Charles MacDonald

Sep 5, 2022, 8:17:22 PM9/5/22
to neoni...@googlegroups.com, Instrument Resources of America
On 2022-09-05 17:51, Instrument Resources of America wrote:
> I have not looked into this yet, but my suspicions are that most of what
> is being shipped from Ukraine must be far removed from the fighting and
> war zone.    Ira.

I have seen quite a few listings for Camera and consumer electronic
related items from Ukraine. one's I have purchased on E-bay the sellers
often write to be sure that I am aware of what might be a two month
shipping delay. selling on e-bay is one of the few ways for someone to
make money under the invasion conditions. SO far so Good as far as
receiving the goods. Currently expecting some empty recording tape
reels in pastel colours.

--
Charles MacDonald VA3CPY Stittsville Ontario
cm...@zeusprune.ca Just Beyond the Fringe

Tidak Ada

Sep 8, 2022, 4:41:50 AM9/8/22
to neoni...@googlegroups.com
Please keep us informed on the settlement of the transaction.

eric