Strange eBay listing text.....

Dekatron42

Oct 5, 2022, 2:54:11 PM10/5/22
to neonixie-l
I just clicked the eBay photo for a GR10G Nixie listing and now I wonder what eBay is up to: https://www.ebay.com/itm/115546867348 the title is funny but clicking the link "Show original title" shows the correct title.....

/Martin

Dekatron42

Oct 5, 2022, 2:54:56 PM10/5/22
to neonixie-l
ebay-strange-nixie-text.jpg

Mac Doktor

Oct 5, 2022, 5:17:31 PM10/5/22
to neonixie-l

On Oct 5, 2022, at 2:54 PM, Dekatron42 <martin....@gmail.com> wrote:

I just clicked the eBay photo for a GR10G Nixie listing and now I wonder what eBay is up to: https://www.ebay.com/itm/115546867348 the title is funny but clicking the link "Show original title" shows the correct title.....

Classic screw-up on the part of the seller. Just another day on eBay.

Terry Bowman, KA4HJH
"The Mac Doctor"

Male voice: "That accident over in Red Sector L destroyed another 63 personnel, giving them a total of 242 lost to our 195. Keep up the good work and prevent accidents. This shift is concluded."—THX 1138

Charles MacDonald

Oct 5, 2022, 10:38:32 PM10/5/22
to neoni...@googlegroups.com, Mac Doktor
On 2022-10-05 17:17, Mac Doktor wrote:

>> I just clicked the eBay photo for a GR10G Nixie listing and now I
>> wonder what eBay is up to: https://www.ebay.com/itm/115546867348
>> <https://www.ebay.com/itm/115546867348> the title is funny but
>> clicking the link "Show original title" shows the correct title.....
>
> Classic screw-up on the part of the seller. Just another day on eBay.

More likely e-bay attempting to use AI to be "helpful" May match the
number of a CD or something.

I am always looking for Darkroom Equipment made by a German company
called JOBO. E-bay assumes that I want to see items called HOBO, or
BOHO. a certain HO gauge train car seems to come up regularly. And I
don't even have a train set.

--
Charles MacDonald VA3CPY Stittsville Ontario
cm...@zeusprune.ca Just Beyond the Fringe