New 8091 clock

MichaelB

Aug 8, 2022, 7:15:54 PM8/8/22
to neonixie-l
Been working in this bad boy for quite a while now and am finally finished. One of Pete's past offerings. More work than any of the the ones i have made in the past . Have a look:at the page on my site: http://badnixie.com/NL8091_Angle_Deck_Nixie.html
IMG_1866a.jpg

Nicholas Stock

Aug 8, 2022, 8:24:47 PM8/8/22
to 'Greg P' via neonixie-l
Very nice Michael!! (as usual.... :)

Nick

On Mon, Aug 8, 2022 at 4:15 PM MichaelB <badn...@badnixie.com> wrote:
Been working in this bad boy for quite a while now and am finally finished. One of Pete's past offerings. More work than any of the the ones i have made in the past . Have a look:at the page on my site: http://badnixie.com/NL8091_Angle_Deck_Nixie.html
IMG_1866a.jpg

Michail Wilson

Aug 8, 2022, 11:03:56 PM8/8/22
to neoni...@googlegroups.com

Looks great.

You can tell I looked at everything, because I noticed that a New Mod-6 will be releasing.   <EG>

Michail

Richard Scales

Aug 9, 2022, 1:23:40 AM8/9/22
to neonixie-l
Amazing, how did I miss that ?

When I had the good fortune to come across a set of these tubes I could not find anyone with such a board - so I made my own based on the open source PRISM design from Ian Sparkes.

Though it does have WiFi for NTP sync, full web gui, PIR activation and optional DS3231 RTC.

Case.JPG

I used MTX-90's for the colons to kind of match the size of the tubes - my case is somewhat basic I know (I'm not very creative!).

 - Richard

Message has been deleted

newxito

Aug 9, 2022, 2:18:28 AM8/9/22
to neonixie-l
Great job, I love the case!

Paul Andrews

Aug 9, 2022, 4:15:20 PM8/9/22
to neonixie-l
Great concept - I love that the board is exposed like this. Your clocks are always an inspiration.

MichaelB

Aug 10, 2022, 10:26:34 PM8/10/22
to neonixie-l
Thank you all for your kind words This one was a real labor of love with the emphasis on labor!  I was shooting for a design where i could use hex stock and so this is what I settled on without being too gaudy. I'm infatuated with that the hex shape and wanted to use hex stock since I had some stock.
 And I love those brass cap nuts! Not practical, but way cool! And I love fasteners! I have no qualms about making them very obvious and i think they can actually add to a design. Anyway, rambling now. Thanks. This site is and has always been a great outlet for useful feedback for all things NIXIE!

Richard Scales

Aug 11, 2022, 1:26:47 AM8/11/22
to neonixie-l
I just took another look at your site - this time scrolling down - awesome - very awesome!

New Mod-6 you say - exciting - can you advise what changes you might be making?

-Richard

gregebert

Aug 11, 2022, 10:34:20 AM8/11/22
to neonixie-l
8091's......another form of unobtanium. How long did it take you to find those rare giants ?

MichaelB

Aug 11, 2022, 12:20:58 PM8/11/22
to neonixie-l
Long time ago...when these were somewhat "reasonable" and Richardson actually has some in stock!!!

MichaelB

Aug 11, 2022, 3:38:14 PM8/11/22
to neonixie-l
Sorry, we'll release some details here on the new MOD-SIX pretty soon