Latest Thermometer Kit

Mac Doktor

Jul 6, 2024, 3:06:15 PMJul 6
to neonixie-l
Just finished assembling this (tubes are slightly loose):

Three tube version:

A breeze to assemble. All thru-hole parts. I had to get someone to help me install the tubes. The seller included some socket "pins" that I've never see before.They're narrower at the bottom and look more like collects than female Molex connector pins. I didn't specifically request them as an add-on but they were included in a bag labelled "Free".

The seller also has the same kits without tubes plus these very nice silicone grommets that fit perfectly on an IN-9/IN-13:

Exactly what I needed for another project.

I hope all of this makes sense. Next up is designing an enclosure for this gadget. I can't wait for the first time it gets below freezing so I can watch it go from positive to negative.

Terry Bowman, KA4HJH
"The Mac Doctor"

https://www.astarcloseup.com

"Every kid starts out as a natural-born scientist, and then we beat it out of them. A few trickle through the system with their wonder and enthusiasm for science intact."—Carl Sagan, Psychology Today, 1996