NEW software now available for Thomas Classic NixiSat, Nixichron, and GPSII clocks

MichaelB

Mar 20, 2022, 12:45:37 PM3/20/22
to neonixie-l
Exciting NEW software now available for Jeff Thomas Classic NixiSat and Nixichron Nixie clocks.pdf

nixiefanvinh

May 1, 2022, 5:33:22 AM5/1/22
to neonixie-l
Oh! This is exciting!

I never got around to installing the new firmware chip I bought from you, the one that corrects for the change in when Daylight Savings happens. I just wasn't able to remove the AM/PM LED diode. Is there a trick to removing it?

With the recent announcement of the possible permanence of Daylight Savings time all the time, I decided to just turn back on the NixiChron and use it as-is. This new firmware might be something I might want, if I can only get at the chip!

Thanks!

Greg P

May 1, 2022, 5:37:56 PM5/1/22
to neonixie-l
This new software Michael B and his team has released is fantastic!   I have it on all my Thomas clocks and it clearly addressed the features needed to makes this a "no brainer" upgrade.

Steve Terry

Jul 22, 2022, 11:50:38 AM7/22/22
to neonixie-l
Can you explain a bit more about the Cathode Poisoning Prevention feature?
Thanks,
Steve

MichaelB

Jul 22, 2022, 1:10:02 PM7/22/22
to neonixie-l
Sure, here's an excerpt from the menu structure doc. Send me an email if you like: badn...@badnixie.com

25. CATHODE ANTI-POISON EFFECT Range of adjustment is:
0 = Never run
5 = Run every 5 minutes for 10 seconds
15 = Run every 15 minutes for 15 seconds
60 = Run every hour for 20 seconds
24 = Run every day at midnight for 45 seconds