Finding NIMO: Chapter 2 - Let there be light

gregebert

Sep 26, 2022, 11:38:37 PM9/26/22
to neonixie-l
Got the remaining batch of tubes today, and verified filament characteristics and tube  functionality. In case you are wondering, the answer is NO. I have not yet fired-up all 6 tubes at the same time to show it working as a 6-tube clock. That is scheduled for later this week and a video will be made, assuming the launch succeeds. For now, it's all systems go and the countdown is on it's final 40-hour hold while I review the data one last time and make the final go/no-go decision.

You might notice one of the tubes is dimmer than the others, and it also draws less current. This one appears to be the runt of the litter. But not all is lost.

As Yoda said..."No, there is another".

Google wont let me post all photos due to the size, but you get the idea

NIMO1.JPGNIMO2.JPGNIMO3.JPGNIMO4.JPGNIMO5.JPG

Audrey

Sep 27, 2022, 3:50:04 AM9/27/22
to neoni...@googlegroups.com
Wow.

Mac Doktor

Sep 27, 2022, 4:08:28 PM9/27/22
to neonixie-l

On Sep 26, 2022, at 11:38 PM, gregebert <greg...@hotmail.com> wrote:

Google wont let me post all photos due to the size, but you get the idea

FWIW, I'm using an email client app and I can resize images in the editor. Once you get used to a client you'll never go back to webmail.

I'm just sayin'. And this looks like a very cool project.

Terry Bowman, KA4HJH
"The Mac Doctor"

https://www.astarcloseup.com

"Would you like to see the relevant data?"—343 Guilty Spark, Halo 2