Welcome!

Todd Pehle

Nov 17, 2009, 3:08:35 PM11/17/09
to NeoGeo Semantic Web Vocabs
Welcome all and thanks for joining!

The fun will begin soon, but first I propose we do a bit of recruiting
over the next few days. Please invite those you know who may be
interested in participating or in following progress of the group. You
should be able to invite members by clicking on "Invite Members" once
you are logged in if you have a Google Groups account. Or you can
simply send me (toddpehle at.g.ma.il.dot.com) their name and email
address and I can send the individual(s) an invitation. I think a
diversified group consisting of members from the Semantic Web
community, Neogeographers, geosemantics community, mobile/sensor web
community and the OGC(Open Geospatial Consortium) will provide the
right balance. In the meantime my near term homework will be to
complete a NeoGeoVoCamp Summary document and to provide an update of
NeoGeoVoCamp to the Semantic Web and VoCamp mailing lists as well as
invite their participation in this group.

The NeoGeoVoCamp Summary document will hopefully provide a starting
point for our discussions. In the document I'll briefly explain the
need for neogeo vocabularies in linked data. Furthermore, it will
summarize where neogeo vocabularies were, their current state
following NeoGeoVoCamp and highlight some future design decisions we
will need to address. It is my hope this document can also serve as a
"quick start guide" for new members.

Cheers,

Todd Pehle