Open Access Geospatial Datasets

Andreas Harth

Dec 22, 2009, 2:24:57 PM12/22/09
to NeoGeo Semantic Web Vocabs
Hi NeoGeos,

I'm looking for open access geospatial datasets which would benefit from
transformation to RDF. We're preparing for a project so there's the
possibility to get support in RDFising such datasets.

Does anybody in this group have pointers to open access satellite images,
climate data, and the like? I can collect the links and send a summary to
the list (we don't have a wiki, do we?).

Cheers,
Andreas.

--
http://www.aifb.kit.edu/web/Andreas_Harth

Eric Wolf

Dec 22, 2009, 2:38:19 PM12/22/09
to neogeo-semantic-web-vocabs
Andreas,

The USGS has a plethora of geospatial datasets. Most of which are available in different formats through Data.gov or geodata.gov. They are too numerous to list here.

-Eric

P.S. I'm currently involved in a research project at the USGS that is exploring publishing the NHD dataset as RDF. Keep me posted on your project.

Eric B. Wolf                    New! 720-334-7734
USGS Geographer
Center of Excellence in GIScience
PhD Student
CU-Boulder - Geography

GPG Public Key: http://www.h4h.net/ebwolf.public.key.txt

Lieberman Joshua

Dec 22, 2009, 3:56:32 PM12/22/09
to neogeo-semant...@googlegroups.com
There is a wiki - http://sites.google.com/site/neogswvocs/
With a google account we can add you to the members if you would like
to maintain a page of such links.

Cheers,

Josh Lieberman