ANN: A new Linked Data interface and fresh data for LinkedGeoData!
Skip to first unread message
Apr 26, 2012, 3:43:36 PM4/26/12
Reply to author
Sign in to reply to author
Sign in to forward
You do not have permission to delete messages in this group
Report message as abuse
Sign in to report message as abuse
Show original message
Either email addresses are anonymous for this group or you need the view member email addresses permission to view the original message
to linked-...@googlegroups.com, neogeo-semant...@googlegroups.com
Hello LGD community,
Lately, it has become a bit silent around LinkedGeoData, but behind
the scenes development is still progressing.
Today, LGD has finally received its new REST API!
- RDF data is now generated from a PostgreSQL/PostGIS database using
the new SPARQL->SQL rewriter Sparqlify.
- Finally OSM relations are mapped!
- The Linked Data interface now based on Pubby (should rid content
negotiation problems from the past)
- There is now a separation between Features and Geometries (See
example links below)
- The ontology was cleaned up (but also changed)
- Links to the "Global
Administrative Areas (GADM)"
- Relations between classes and original OSM tags are retained using
lgdm:sourceKey and lgdm:sourceTag predicates.
- Data is from around Feb 1st 2012 and the Osmosis live sync is
running. See  for a list of the 100 most current resources.
There are still some things to do:
- Right now the link to http://linkedgeodata.org/ontology is broken.
For the time being, you can obtain it from
- Some resources could still benefit from some data cleansing.
- Documentation of Sparqlify and the LGD schema additions to OSM
needs to be improved. The goal is to enable anyone to set up their
own LGD instance if they want.
- The old REST API has to be ported.