Re: OGC Seeks Comment on Candidate GeoSPARQL Standard

5 vistas
Ir al primer mensaje no leído

Jens Lehmann

no leída,
14 jul 2011, 4:18:24 a.m.14/7/11
para msp...@gmail.com,neogeo-semant...@googlegroups.com

Hello,

Am 13.07.2011 14:54, schrieb Matt Perry:
> The Open Geospatial Consortium has started a 30-day public comment
> period for the GeoSPARQL candidate standard.
>
> GeoSPARQL defines a core RDF/OWL vocabulary for geospatial data and
> defines a standard set of geospatial query functions for SPARQL.
>
> The official press release, which contains a link to the GeoSPARQL
> document, can be found here:
> http://www.opengeospatial.org/pressroom/pressreleases/1419

It is good to see that there is further progress on GeoSPARQL. We are
looking forward to supporting it in our LinkedGeoData
(http://linkedgeodata.org) project.

Some high level comments on the spec:

* It would be good to turn the link in the press release into an actual
link. Otherwise, people need to copy&paste it in their browser and may
not even spot it (http://www.opengeospatial.org/standards/requests/80).

* Why does OGC publish specifications in a proprietary file format?
Wouldn't it be much better to (also) publish an HTML version -
preferably with a nice URL (instead of
http://portal.opengeospatial.org/files/?artifact_id=44722).

* Wouldn't an issue tracker or a web form be better than having to
download a text file, editing it and sending it back by mail for comments?

* If OGC is too rigid to fix the above issues, it would be good to have
an alternative HTML version somewhere else as more handy reference. That
could be important if a wide audience is supposed to use the standard.

* What is the relation between GeoSPARQL and http://geovocab.org?

Kind regards,

Jens

--
Dr. Jens Lehmann
Head of AKSW/MOLE group, University of Leipzig

Responder a todos
Responder al autor
Reenviar
0 mensajes nuevos