A pause feature request

syaoran

May 25, 2008, 12:25:36 PM5/25/08
to NeoDS
do you guys think that a button or a pause game feature would be nice
if it was implemented into the neods? also, is it possible to make the
game pause when you close the nds to make the game pause(not power off
the nds) like in the commercial games?

r0ni

May 25, 2008, 1:09:18 PM5/25/08
to NeoDS
If you convert your ROMs with the Universe Bios you can then run them
in console mode from a built-in menu, which will enable the 'pause'
feature you are looking for. As for sleep mode, that is not built into
NeoDs at this time. Maybe the author will add it in the future?

syaoran

May 25, 2008, 5:58:06 PM5/25/08
to NeoDS
coincidentally, I did convert it using bios8 so i assume that was the
unibios converting one but, i do not know how to run it in console
mode, can you tell me how to do that?

r0ni

May 25, 2008, 11:10:10 PM5/25/08
to NeoDS
After loading your rom in NeoDs, hold the A B X buttons while the
neogeo screen is green flashing and it will enter into the bios setup
screen, setting the region and mode is the first choice on the menu.
Confirm your changes, and run the game from the menu. If you selected
any region in console mode, your games will pause ;)

syaoran

May 26, 2008, 1:14:18 AM5/26/08
to NeoDS
interesting, i reached the menu and configured it... but now what do
you press to pause the game... lol

syaoran

May 26, 2008, 1:28:38 AM5/26/08
to NeoDS
and how do you save the settings of the universe bios.. it doesnt seem
like i could save the settings

r0ni

May 26, 2008, 1:36:27 AM5/26/08
to NeoDS
I believe the select button pauses the game. And no, NeoDs does not
currently save any settings, so yes you have to do it for everytime
you load your rom.

lincruste

Jun 2, 2008, 7:33:02 PM6/2/08
to NeoDS
Hello,
There is no pause button, but what I use to do when I gotta stop
playing is to click on "load rom". This freezes the emulation, which
can be resumed by hitting "cancel".
It works, even if it's only temporary before an true "pause" feature.

jimmay

Jun 3, 2008, 5:15:48 PM6/3/08
to NeoDS
again, please post in the new forums, PLEASE!