Using a Mac (10.5.2) to convert game files, etc.

Tele-Pet

May 18, 2008, 9:05:19 PM5/18/08
to NeoDS
Using a MacBook. Is it possible to convert game files and such with a
Mac?

Thanks!

r0ni

May 18, 2008, 11:09:42 PM5/18/08
to NeoDS
Well, you can install Windows through Boot-Camp, or use numerous other
windows virtualization softwares.

But if you mean using directly OS X, then the answer is no. You have
to use Windows at the current time.

When I get my macbook back from the shop, maybe I'll attempt to port
NeoDsConvert to OS X. Shouldn't need much but a makefile re-write
since it's based on mame and mame compiles on OS X quite nicely.

Tele-Pet

May 19, 2008, 7:29:28 AM5/19/08
to NeoDS
Thanks for confirming my hunch, and perhaps offering to provide a
solution in the future. Very nice of you!

chris n

Jun 8, 2008, 2:33:20 AM6/8/08
to NeoDS
this is an awesome emu!!! i would very much love a converter for osx
as well.

could you also please make it power pc compatible?

jimmay

Jun 8, 2008, 2:56:21 PM6/8/08
to NeoDS
> > solution in the future.  Very nice of you!- Hide quoted text -

PLEASE POST ON NEW FORUMS PEOPLE, IT WOULD HELP!!! ALOT!!!

barry breslau

Jun 9, 2008, 7:19:13 PM6/9/08
to NeoDS
> PLEASE POST ON NEW FORUMS PEOPLE, IT WOULD HELP!!! ALOT!!!

But Google is so much friendlier... :(

chris n

Jun 10, 2008, 3:16:52 AM6/10/08
to NeoDS
i agree

why did they move the forum? i'm sick of having to sign up at new
places.

Not Available

Jun 10, 2008, 11:25:43 AM6/10/08
to ne...@googlegroups.com
i know, i had SO MUCH POSTS HERE! I mean cmon, but you gotta do wat you gotta do right

sarkwalvein

Jun 10, 2008, 1:01:07 PM6/10/08
to NeoDS
It may be the actual reason... Or maybe not...

In ingramb words:

"Sorry guys, but I don't want links to roms (converted or otherwise)
posted here. There are plenty of places to find roms online if you
are so inclined. Having roms linked from an emulator homepage is just
not a good idea. I will be removing offending topics, and if it
becomes a problem, I may have to shutdown this group, because I don't
have time to moderate it. So please, feel free to talk about games,
or help people with the converter, or whatever, but don't link to any
roms. Thanks."

It's hard to moderate this groups, and in the new forums there are
moderators already working in that kind of things. And it wasn't
jimmay's fault, posts with links to roms/warez places were here long
before.