2 separated DB:s with different missions in the same apps

Yoni Pacheko

Nov 21, 2014, 8:36:30 AM11/21/14
to neo...@googlegroups.com
Hi there!
New to this maillist!

I was reading quite quickliy about  RoR and Neo4J

Now I've a questions about using different DB:s in the same app BUT having different missions:

Is it possible to use Sqlite3 for the user-registration process and then use Neo4J DB for the whole business logic? I mean 2 separated DB:s.
These 2 DB-types will not interact to each other. They will have to different missions inside the Rail-app

:) Thanks for your time!

Chris Grigg

Nov 21, 2014, 9:36:40 AM11/21/14
to neo...@googlegroups.com
Welcome!

Within a single model, no, it's not possible since you need to inherit from ActiveRecord or include the Neo4j module. You'd need to use two different models and store the ID of each in a property of the other.

The Neo4j gem does support Devise, though, so if you're concerned about support for that, you shouldn't worry.

Brian Underwood

Nov 21, 2014, 12:14:27 PM11/21/14
to neo...@googlegroups.com
I think he's asking about using the different DBs for different models, which is definitely possible.

These questions come up so often we should have a wiki page for this ;)

Brian
;p