howto create uui for import data into neo4j

James Ramsfield

Jan 8, 2015, 11:52:38 PM1/8/15
to neo...@googlegroups.com
Hi

I'm importing data into neo4j using http://neo4j.com/developer/guide-importing-data-and-etl/, and that goes smoothy. The problem is i want to create uui like its doen when im using
neo4jrb. For example when i'm using neo4jrb CRUD I can create the user:

UUID: ec9ba780-e840-4791-9dc0-8c25410c6342
First_name: James
Last_name: Ramsfield

I want to know if its possible to generate these uui in some way so i can create a bunch of data in a csv file and import into neo4j.

hope you can understand my question.

Brian Underwood

Jan 9, 2015, 7:43:21 AM1/9/15
to neo...@googlegroups.com
I'm not sure what a uui is. Could you explain?

If you have a CSV file, I might suggest using LOAD CSV. For that my
two biggest pieces of advice are make sure you're using indexes and
know about this issue:
http://www.markhneedham.com/blog/2014/10/23/neo4j-cypher-avoiding-the-eager/

Lastly, if you're importing data from SQL, I might suggest checking
out my newest gem:
https://github.com/neo4jrb/neo4apis-activerecord
Also I wrote a blog post about it:
http://blog.brian-underwood.codes/sql/neo4j/neo4apis/activerecord/announcements/2015/01/08/loading_sql_to_neo4j_like_magic/

I'm currently working to polish it out, but let me know what you think

Brian
;p

James Ramsfield

Jan 9, 2015, 10:39:20 PM1/9/15
to neo...@googlegroups.com
What i mean is that when I make a new node then this node have a unique ID. This ID is called UUI for some reason I dont know. Anyway, these uui have
some kind of special pattern, like some kind of hash value. A node can have a UUI: ec9ba780-e840-4791-9dc0-
8c25410c6342

I hope it makes sense. Anyway I can instead make standard incremental IDs.

Chris Grigg

Jan 9, 2015, 11:16:49 PM1/9/15
to James Ramsfield, neo...@googlegroups.com
I think you mean uuid. Use the `add_id_property` migration after your data is imported to add the IDs. https://github.com/neo4jrb/neo4j/wiki/Neo4j-v3-Migrations#add_id_property