v4 changes merged into master!

Chris Grigg

Nov 21, 2014, 7:24:39 PM11/21/14
to neo...@googlegroups.com
The master branch on Github is now holding stable builds of the v4 version of the gem. This isn't a revolutionary update but we are incrementing the version number because of a few significant API changes. I don't think they will affect most people but they are worth being aware of. See https://github.com/neo4jrb/neo4j/wiki/Neo4j.rb-v4-Introduction for more details, but the TL;DR:
  • _classname is not added by default for those using Neo4j 2.1.5 or greater.
  • Gem-created relationship types automatically default to upcase, underscore, no leading "#"
  • ActiveRel models do not require explicit "type" method, will create rel type using the default scheme
  • The automatic relationship type scheme can be changed from config
If you need to use _classname in a rel model, call `set_classname`; if you need to set an ActiveRel model's type to something that does not match the name of the class, either call `set_classname` OR enable eager loading of your app from config. More information in the link above.

These changes were all done in the interest of following best practices and easing adoption of the gem. Please get in touch if you have any questions! We have a few more features planned before releasing v4 officially.