Bio4j accepted as organization for Google Summer of Code 2014

Pablo Pareja

Feb 25, 2014, 10:31:31 AM2/25/14
to neo4j-...@googlegroups.com
Hi everyone!

I just wanted to let you know the good knews :)

Here's the link to the organization Bio4j profile:

Spread the word to anyone interested ;)

Cheers,

Pablo

--
Pablo Pareja Tobes

Kimmen Sjolander

Feb 25, 2014, 10:37:49 AM2/25/14
to Pablo Pareja, neo4j-...@googlegroups.com
Congratulations! That's fabulous!

-Kimmen

Kimmen Sjölander, Ph.D.
Professor, Department of Bioengineering
and Department of Plant and Microbial Biology
308C Stanley Hall #1762
University of California, Berkeley 94720
http://phylogenomics.berkeley.edu

Keiichiro Ono

Feb 25, 2014, 12:02:00 PM2/25/14
to Kimmen Sjolander, Pablo Pareja, neo4j-...@googlegroups.com
Congratulations!

And we are also participating as mentoring organization last 5-6 years.

https://www.google-melange.com/gsoc/org2/google/gsoc2014/nrnb

I could not find good student last year, but if I find one, we want to
finish this project:

http://nrnb.org/gsoc/index.html#ideas-tab

(#23: Graph Database Support for Cytoscape 3 by TinkerPop Software Stack)

Thanks,
Kei
Keiichiro Ono http://keiono.github.io/

Martin Preusse

Feb 26, 2014, 3:07:40 AM2/26/14
to Pablo Pareja, neo4j-...@googlegroups.com
Sounds great, I'll put it on the students mailing list.

Martin

Eduardo Pareja Tobes

Feb 28, 2014, 4:09:46 PM2/28/14
to neo4j-...@googlegroups.com, Kimmen Sjolander, Pablo Pareja
Thanks Kei, and congrats on Cytoscape participation for you too!

After reading this, it looks like we have an idea which is pretty similar to that, just with some specific Bio4j features/support:

 Maybe it would make sense to somehow collaborate on this? or someone from the Cytoscape team could be interested in mentoring/comentoring this?

best

Keiichiro Ono

Feb 28, 2014, 5:26:23 PM2/28/14
to Eduardo Pareja Tobes, neo4j-...@googlegroups.com, Kimmen Sjolander, Pablo Pareja
Hi.

We are happy to collaborate with Bio4j group. Once you find good
student and need Cytoscape-related technical support for the project,
we can comentoring it.

Please keep me posted.

Thanks,
Kei