Graph Databases in Life Sciences Workshop in Berlin - Quick summary & proceedings

Michael Hunger

Jun 23, 2017, 3:56:47 AM6/23/17
to neo4j-biotech
Our workshop in Berlin on Wednesday was a full success with 25 researchers and practitioners attending.

We had 11 planned and 3 ad-hoc presentations and 2 longer workshops, covering everything from genome, proteome, pathway,
and systems biology model databases and interactions to actual drug development efforts and plans for improving health care, all with the help of graphs.

We were stunned by the breadth of applications and by the enthusiasm and happiness of the presenters.

Thank you so much to everyone for presenting, discussing and attending, we will definitely run similar events elsewhere and possibly coordinated with the industry conferences.
We will publish a longer blog post about the event and also proper proceedings, which we will collect in this document.

I asked all presenters to post their slides & material to this group so you get the information first-hand.

If you are interested presenting at or attending a similar event in the US and elsewhere please let us know.

As a follow-up event, we wanted to schedule a more hands-on workshop and hackathon in autumn with work on:

* export / import / cross-database integration
* learning Cypher optimizations
* modeling
* visualization tooling

Have a great weekend,

Cheers, Michael

Michael Hunger

Jun 24, 2017, 11:51:00 AM6/24/17
to neo4j-biotech
Really cool, Daniela Butano from intermine.org who's also speaking in the next Neo4j London Meetup on Wednesday, published

Thanks so much Daniela,

Have a great weekend, all

Chees, Michael