introduction

mmil...@gmail.com

Jun 18, 2018, 4:20:29 AM6/18/18
to neo4j-biotech
hi all,

i've worked with graph databases and i've worked in biology, so this group seemed like a natural.  i've been involved in many standards efforts, currently involved in the GA4GH efforts.

cheers,
michael

madhuri gota

Jun 18, 2018, 9:54:19 AM6/18/18
to neo4j-...@googlegroups.com
Hello Michael !

Michael Hunger

Jun 18, 2018, 11:23:13 AM6/18/18
to neo4j-...@googlegroups.com
Welcome Michael,

unfortunately this group is quieter that I would love it to be.

If any of you have ideas on how we can encourage everyone to share research / questions / projects, I'd be all ears.

Cheers, Michael

Maximilian Lombardo

Jun 18, 2018, 12:15:22 PM6/18/18
to neo4j-biotech
I guess I'll make an introduction here as well...

Just joined the group recently, I have a background in biotech, drug discovery, machine learning and other computational stuff. Currently working at a biotech startup. I just got interested in graph databases and their applications and am hoping to learn from this community.

Here is a video I have watched recently on novartis' efforts towards data integration using neo4j

Cheers,

Max

On Sat, Jun 16, 2018 at 6:39 PM, <mmil...@gmail.com> wrote:
hi all,

i've worked with graph databases and i've worked in biology, so this group seemed like a natural.  i've been involved in many standards efforts, currently involved in the GA4GH efforts.

cheers,
michael

Sandra

Jun 18, 2018, 12:15:22 PM6/18/18
to neo4j-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

at my group we are using neo4j to map different compounds and reaction databases and metabolic models. It is not an easy task. We would like to include also sequence data but it would make it to grow too much.

Cheers,
Sandra Castillo

On Mon, Jun 18, 2018, 6:23 PM 'Michael Hunger' via neo4j-biotech <neo4j-...@googlegroups.com> wrote:
Welcome Michael,

unfortunately this group is quieter that I would love it to be.

If any of you have ideas on how we can encourage everyone to share research / questions / projects, I'd be all ears.

Cheers, Michael
On Sat, Jun 16, 2018 at 6:39 PM, <mmil...@gmail.com> wrote:
hi all,

i've worked with graph databases and i've worked in biology, so this group seemed like a natural.  i've been involved in many standards efforts, currently involved in the GA4GH efforts.

cheers,
michael

Michael Hunger

Jun 18, 2018, 12:28:06 PM6/18/18
to neo4j-...@googlegroups.com
Welcome all.

If you're interested these articles / presentations could be helpful for you.
If you have questions please ask any time.

* Neo4j in Life Sciences, Projects, Papers and more: https://neo4j.com/developer/life-sciences-and-healthcare/

* Presentation: "Accelerating Scientific Research through Machine Learning and Graphs": https://neo4j.com/blog/scientific-research-machine-learning-graphs/
* This Week in Neo4j with life science focus: https://neo4j.com/blog/this-week-neo4j-24-june-2017/

* Video, Thilo Muth: "Proteonomics" https://vimeo.com/77450061
* Daniel Himmelstein, Hetionet: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jwhAlNgjvMA
* Simon Jupp, Importing Life Science Data into Neo4j: https://www.slideshare.net/thesimonjupp/importing-life-science-at-a-into-neo4j

Cheers, Michael

On Mon, Jun 18, 2018, 6:23 PM 'Michael Hunger' via neo4j-biotech <neo4j-biotech@googlegroups.com> wrote:
Welcome Michael,

unfortunately this group is quieter that I would love it to be.

If any of you have ideas on how we can encourage everyone to share research / questions / projects, I'd be all ears.

Cheers, Michael
On Sat, Jun 16, 2018 at 6:39 PM, <mmil...@gmail.com> wrote:
hi all,

i've worked with graph databases and i've worked in biology, so this group seemed like a natural.  i've been involved in many standards efforts, currently involved in the GA4GH efforts.

cheers,
michael

Martin Preusse

Jun 18, 2018, 3:53:28 PM6/18/18
to neo4j-...@googlegroups.com
Nice to see more people here.

During my PhD at https://www.helmholtz-muenchen.de/icb/ I started working with neo4j to integrate microRNA regulation data.

We are working on a spin-off company based on data integration with neo4j: https://www.knowing-health.com/ and https://twitter.com/knowing_health

Would be nice to get more info about your work/company/research groups!

Martin

Andre Selmer

Jun 19, 2018, 4:17:39 AM6/19/18
to neo4j-biotech
Hi,

I suppose I should stop lurking as well :) I am working on working on a multi-study site based on Neo4J that allows for the standardization and controlled sharing of data-sets, currently it is focused more neurological research (from a psychological perspective).

Cheers

Andre

Michael Hunger

Jun 19, 2018, 6:13:44 AM6/19/18
to neo4j-...@googlegroups.com
Hi All,

it would be cool if you could add links to your projects / publications / code / datasets :)

So that others can have a look and we can also collect them in one place.

Cheers, Michael