Flint 2.7.0 release candidate 1

Bill Hart

Dec 9, 2020, 3:34:24 PM12/9/20
to flint-devel, nemo-devel, osca...@mathematik.uni-kl.de, sage-...@googlegroups.com, Grayson, Daniel R., Michael Stillman, Brian Gladman
Hi all,

We are planning to do a Flint release this week or early next week and
so I have tagged flint-2.7.0-rc1.

The main big change in this release is multivariate factorisation by
Dan Schultz. However a full changelog and list of authors will be made
available in the next rc (if there is one) or in the final release.

All bugs should be reported on our GitHub issue tracker:

https://github.com/wbhart/flint2/issues

Note that the function nmod_mat_scalar_mul_add has been deprecated and
replaced with nmod_mat_scalar_addmul.

Bill.

Bill Hart

Dec 10, 2020, 3:25:07 AM12/10/20
to flint-devel, nemo-devel, osca...@mathematik.uni-kl.de, sage-...@googlegroups.com, Grayson, Daniel R., Michael Stillman, Brian Gladman
I forgot to mention that there is a big change to the fmpz_mod_poly
module. We have finally made the long promised change to using a
context object.

Hopefully nobody was using this module other than projects I have been
directly involved in, as the module was in quite a bit of disarray and
pretty unreliable. It's somewhat improved now after focusing on it for
two release cycles, though still has some cleaning up to be done,
which we hope won't result in major changes to the interface. I'll say
more on this when we do the final release.

But for now, if you have code written against this interface, you now
need to add context objects to every call.

Bill.

Bill Hart

Dec 16, 2020, 1:54:07 PM12/16/20
to flint-devel, nemo-devel, osca...@mathematik.uni-kl.de, sage-...@googlegroups.com, Grayson, Daniel R., Michael Stillman, Brian Gladman
Hi all,

I have now tagged flint-2.7-rc2. There are some minor fixes and in
particular some CMake issues fixed in this RC. It is not expected that
there will be a further RC and the final release will be made some
time on Friday if no more serious issues are reported.

Bill.