NSF REU Site on Computational Methods for Understanding Music, Media, and Minds

瀏覽次數:10 次
跳到第一則未讀訊息

Zhiyao Duan

未讀,
2020年1月21日 中午12:14:132020/1/21
收件者:nemisig

Dear List,

(This email is only relevant to undergrads that are US citizens or permanent residents. If you know any of them that might be interested, I'd appreciate it much if you could forward the email to them.)

I am glad to inform that applications are now being accepted for the University of Rochester NSF Research Experience for Undergraduates (REU) program in summer 2020! The program is titled Computational Methods for Understanding Music, Media, and Minds. The application deadline is February 9, 2020, and the review process will commence shortly after.

Students in the REU will work on projects in exciting, interdisciplinary research areas that combine machine learning, audio engineering, music theory, and cognitive science. Students work in teams, and will be mentored by faculty members drawn from Computer Science, Electrical and Computer Engineering, Brain and Cognitive Science, the program in Digital Media Studies, and the Eastman School of Music.

The REU experience will also include:

• A programming boot camp to help you learn or improve your programming skills in Python programming language.

• Workshops on topics such as career planning and preparing for graduate school

• Social events to foster networking/collaboration opportunities

For more information about proposed projects as well as past projects that students worked on, please refer to: http://www.sas.rochester.edu/dsc/undergraduate/reu.html . We look forward to receiving your application. Please feel free to share this information with others who may be interested. If you have any questions, please feel free to reach us at: gids...@rochester.edu

Sincerely,

Zhiyao

---------

Zhiyao Duan
Assistant Professor
University of Rochester
720 Computer Studies Building, P.O. Box 270231
Rochester, NY 14627
585-275-5302
http://www.ece.rochester.edu/~zduan/

回覆所有人