SANE 2022 - Speech and Audio in the Northeast (October 6, 2022; Kendall Square, Cambridge, MA)

Jonathan Le Roux

Jun 3, 2022, 9:43:14 AM6/3/22
to nemisig
[apologies for cross-posting]

SANE 2022, a one-day event gathering researchers and students in speech and audio
from the Northeast of the American continent, will be held on Thursday October 6, 2022
in Kendall Square, in Cambridge, MA.

It is the 9th edition in the SANE series of workshops, which started in 2012 and was held
every year alternately in Boston and New York until 2019. After a 2-year hiatus due to
the pandemic, we are happy to announce the return of SANE. Since the first edition,
the audience has steadily grown, with a record 200 participants and 45 posters in 2019.

SANE 2022 will feature invited talks by leading researchers from the Northeast as well as
from the wider community. It will also feature a lively poster session, open to both
students and researchers.

More info at saneworkshop.org

-- Details --

    Date: Thursday, October 6, 2022
    Venue: 314 Main Street, Cambridge, MA (above the Kendall Square T Station)
    Time: Typically, SANE talks start around 8:30-9am and finish around 5:30-6pm.

-- Speakers --

    Anoop Cherian (MERL)
    Chuang Gan (MIT/MIT-IBM Watson AI Lab)
    Wei-Ning Hsu (Meta AI)
    Tara Sainath (Google)
    Shinji Watanabe (CMU)
    Scott Wisdom (Google)

-- Poster Session (Deadline: 09/21) --

If you would like to submit a poster, please send an email to pos...@saneworkshop.org with
a brief abstract describing what you plan to present. Submission deadline is September 21.
Note that SANE is not a peer-reviewed workshop, and you can present work that has
been or will be submitted elsewhere (if the other venue does not explicitly forbids it).

As SANE participants will be a mix of audio signal processing, speech, and machine learning
researchers, the poster session will be a great opportunity to foster discussion as well as
get feedback and comments from various perspectives on your most recent work.

-- Registration --

Registration is free but required.
We can only accommodate a limited number of participants, so we encourage those
interested in attending this event to register as soon as possible by sending an email
to rs...@saneworkshop.org with your name and affiliation.

-- Directions --

The workshop will be hosted in at 314 Main St, in Cambridge, MA, right above
the Kendall Square Station on the T Red Line.

-----

Please feel free to forward this announcement to appropriate groups or mailing lists.

We look forward to seeing you there!

The organizers,
    Jonathan Le Roux (MERL)
    Arnab Ghoshal (Apple)
    John R. Hershey (Google)

Jonathan Le Roux

Sep 12, 2022, 12:27:36 PM9/12/22
to nemisig
Hi all,

The full list of speakers and the talk details for SANE 2022 are now available on the website!
We still have a few slots left, but please register ASAP as we typically do sell out.
Poster/demo submissions are due 9/21.

Thanks,
The organizers,
    Jonathan Le Roux (MERL)