layer size for transformer architechture

Mohammad Mumin

Jan 13, 2020, 9:33:55 AM1/13/20
to Nematus Support

Dear Sir,

Is it necessary to keep embedding layer size and hidden layer size same for transformer architecture?
Or I can differ size as you have used embedding size 512 and hidden layer size 1024 for a BiDeep RNN in one of your articles.

Thanks in advance.
Regards,
Mumin.

Philip Williams

Jan 13, 2020, 10:35:40 AM1/13/20
to Mohammad Mumin, Nematus Support
Hi Mumin,

currently the code assumes that the embedding size will be the same as the hidden size (as in the original Transformer paper) and fails if they are set to different values. We plan to change this in the near future so that the two sizes can be configured independently.

Best wishes,
Phil

Mohammad Mumin