Translated 0 sentences

vemulapa...@gmail.com

Apr 10, 2019, 9:53:21 AM4/10/19
to Nematus Support
I have tried running a pretrained model of wmt16 on english-german. When i run it on the test set of europarl the sentences get translated. But when i give a subset say by doing head -n 500 eurparl-corpus. I get NFO: Translated 0 sents in 3.1948089599609375e-05 sec. Speed 0.0 sents/sec. Is there a format in which the input data has to be provided ?

Rico Sennrich

Apr 10, 2019, 10:13:07 AM4/10/19
to nematus...@googlegroups.com
can you show the exact command you ran, and confirm that the file "europarl-corpus." exists?

if you're using the systems from http://data.statmt.org/rsennrich/wmt16_systems/ , a command like this should work (assuming some input_file):

cat input_file | ./translate.sh

On 10/04/2019 14:53, vemulapa...@gmail.com wrote:
I have tried running a pretrained model of wmt16 on english-german. When i run it on the test set of europarl the sentences get translated. But when i give a subset say by doing head -n 500 eurparl-corpus. I get NFO: Translated 0 sents in 3.1948089599609375e-05 sec. Speed 0.0 sents/sec. Is there a format in which the input data has to be provided ?

vemulapa...@gmail.com

Apr 10, 2019, 10:34:56 AM4/10/19
to Nematus Support
When i run cat src-test.txt | ./translate.sh ,
INFO: Loading model parameters from file /home/harsha.v/Honors/ptModels/enDe/en-de/converted-model
INFO:tensorflow:Restoring parameters from /home/harsha.v/Honors/ptModels/enDe/en-de/converted-model
INFO: Restoring parameters from /home/harsha.v/Honors/ptModels/enDe/en-de/converted-model
INFO: Done
INFO: NOTE: Length of translations is capped to 200
INFO: Translated 80 sents
INFO: Translated 160 sents
INFO: Translated 240 sents
INFO: Translated 320 sents
INFO: Translated 400 sents
INFO: Translated 480 sents
INFO: Translated 560 sents
INFO: Translated 640 sents

But when i do head -n 200 src-test.txt | ./translate.sh,
INFO: Loading model parameters from file /home/harsha.v/Honors/ptModels/enDe/en-de/converted-model
INFO:tensorflow:Restoring parameters from /home/harsha.v/Honors/ptModels/enDe/en-de/converted-model
INFO: Restoring parameters from /home/harsha.v/Honors/ptModels/enDe/en-de/converted-model
INFO: Done
INFO: NOTE: Length of translations is capped to 200
INFO: Translated 0 sents in 3.5762786865234375e-05 sec. Speed 0.0 sents/sec

Rico Sennrich

Apr 15, 2019, 8:29:26 AM4/15/19
to nematus...@googlegroups.com
whether you use 'cat' or head' makes no difference to the bash script ('./translate.sh'), nor Nematus itself.

you should double-check that there was no typo in the file name when you used 'head', and that the file was not accidentally overwritten or deleted before you executed the command.

vemulapa...@gmail.com

May 24, 2019, 5:57:19 AM5/24/19
to Nematus Support
The file does exist. What i tried to show is it is giving translated 0 sentences when i give a smaller number of sentences which head -n 5000 did.
My main query is if there is a certain format that it expects with respect to line breaks etc. or the number of input sentences ?