training steps in Nematus

sas cam

Jan 5, 2021, 5:26:12 AM1/5/21
to Nematus Support

Dear All,

Could anybody please help me to get the steps required to train an NMT model using Nematus.

Expecting a help

Sascam

Rico Sennrich

Jan 5, 2021, 6:01:04 AM1/5/21
to nematus...@googlegroups.com
Hello Sascam,

my recommendation is to start with the training scripts we prepared for WMT17: https://github.com/EdinburghNLP/wmt17-transformer-scripts

you will find scripts for preprocessing the data, training the model, and then evaluating it. You could directly adapt the scripts to your data, or just use them to get an idea about steps you need to take, and reasonable hyperparameter settings.

best wishes,
Rico

sas cam

Jan 6, 2021, 5:28:04 AM1/6/21
to Rico Sennrich, nematus...@googlegroups.com
Dear Dr. Rico,

Thanks for the suggestion. I have gone through the WMT17 link. What I have understood is we have to run the scripts.
I was looking for precise training step commands (like moses training step commands are available for SMT ).
Could you please provide the list of step commands to train a new NMT model ?

Looking forward to hear from you

Thanking You
Sascam

WILLIAMS Philip

Jan 6, 2021, 8:49:57 AM1/6/21
to sas cam, Rico Sennrich, nematus...@googlegroups.com
Hi Sascam,

You can find a tutorial on training an RNN model using Nematus here: https://github.com/EdinburghNLP/mtm19/blob/master/labs/lab1-nematus/part2.md

If you want to train a Transformer, you should be able to adapt the training step based on the WMT17 scripts.

Best wishes,
Phil

On 6 Jan 2021, at 10:27, sas cam <sasc...@gmail.com> wrote:

This email was sent to you by someone outside the University.
You should only click on links or attachments if you are certain that the email is genuine and the content is safe.

sas cam

Jan 7, 2021, 5:24:49 AM1/7/21
to WILLIAMS Philip, Rico Sennrich, nematus...@googlegroups.com
Thank you Philip for the details.