How to locate nematode orthologous genes on their chromosomes or scaffolds ?

yizi yang

Apr 24, 2012, 1:24:43 PM4/24/12
to Nematode.net User Forum
I would like to locate nematode orthologous genes on their chromosomes
or scaffolds, and then show them using Ensembl Geneview and NCBI
mapviewer. However, I do not have any previous experience. Could
anyone offer me any suggestion?

Thanks a lot!

John Martin

May 7, 2012, 3:53:31 PM5/7/12
to Nematode.net User Forum
You will need to align your collection of genes to the genomic
assemblies you are interested in. Then to view them, the input
resources you'll need will depend on the viewer you are trying to
use. The viewer I am most familiar with is IGV, which can take a bam
file from an alignment, and the reference used in that alignment, and
then will display your queries piling on that reference (such as reads
aligning to an assembly consensus). But other viewers may have other
requirements.