accessing Tcol_isotig

nema

Dec 23, 2015, 11:26:02 AM12/23/15
to Nematode.net User Forum
would you please let me know how to access Tcol_isotig, i can see them when i use the BLAST function, but the organisms is not listed at the home page. Please help!

John Martin

Dec 30, 2015, 3:43:42 PM12/30/15
to Nematode.net User Forum
Hits in nemablast with the prefix Tcol_isotig are from Trichostrongylus colubriformis (you can find an index of the hit prefixes in the NemaGene FAQ at http://nematode.net/NN3_frontpage.cgi?navbar_selection=nemagene&subnav_selection=nemagene_faq).

We don't currently have a way to let you download a single, specific isotig for T.col.  But you can download a fasta of all T.col. isotigs from this link:

http://nematode.net/Data/transcript_assembly_ftp/Trichostrongylus_colubriformis.454Isotigs.fna

and you should be able to find any T.col. hits from nemablast in that fasta.

Thanks,
John Martin

John Martin

Dec 30, 2015, 3:45:39 PM12/30/15
to Nematode.net User Forum
You can also see a brief summary of the resources we have for T.colubriformis on the species page at:

http://nematode.net/NN3_frontpage.cgi?navbar_selection=speciestable&subnav_selection=Trichostrongylus_colubriformis

or just use the Trichostrongylus colubriformis link in the left-hand navigation menu under "Animal Parasitic Nematodes"

Thanks,
John