EST - data

hellonahal

Apr 19, 2012, 9:00:27 AM4/19/12
to Nematode.net User Forum
Hello,

in February this year I downloaded a set of EST sequences from
Nematode.net resource, but now I cannot find a corresponding file to
the one I have, in which 201490 nucleotide sequences are included. I
also checked for updated corresponding files or to reconstruct my
dataset in any other way, without success.

I would be very happy if you could help me.
Thank you!

Sahar

Apr 19, 2012, 12:28:31 PM4/19/12
to Nematode.net User Forum
Hi,

Yes, We can help you with getting this data.
Could you please tell us what species the EST were sequences from ?
And do you recall the name of the file?

Thanks,
Sahar

hellonahal

Apr 20, 2012, 4:48:21 AM4/20/12
to Nematode.net User Forum
Hello,

thanks for the quick reply!
I have 30 species in that dataset (I just pasted the list in this
message box)
The filename is nematode_ests.fasta - might be possible that I changed
that name but I clearly
stated nematode.net as the source.
I already thought that I made a mistake and got the data from another
database
but could not find anything that matches with this dataset.

Cheers,
Nahal.

Angiostrongylus cantonensis
Anguillicola crassus
Anguina tritici
Aphelenchus avenae
Ascaris suum
Bursaphelenchus mucronatus
Bursaphelenchus xylophilus
Caenorhabditis brenneri
Caenorhabditis elegans
Caenorhabditis japonica
Dictyocaulus viviparus
Globodera pallida
Heterorhabditis bacteriophora
Loa loa
Mecistocirrus digitatus
Meloidogyne arenaria
Necator americanus
Onchocerca flexuosa
Panagrolaimus superbus
Plectus murrayi
Pristionchus pacificus
Radopholus similis
Rotylenchulus reniformis
Steinernema carpocapsae
Strongyloides venezuelensis
Teladorsagia circumcincta
Toxocara canis
Trichinella pseudospiralis
Trichuris muris

hellonahal

Apr 20, 2012, 4:50:32 AM4/20/12
to Nematode.net User Forum
Sorry, the first species was missing, so here the complete list of 30
species:

Ancylostoma caninum

Sahar

Apr 20, 2012, 10:44:50 AM4/20/12
to Nematode.net User Forum

I think you probably downloaded the data from here -

http://www.nematodes.org/downloads/databases/NEMBASE4/index.shtml

Nematodes.org is a related site to Nematode.net but run by our
collaborators.

Hope this helps,
Sahar

hellonahal

Apr 20, 2012, 12:42:28 PM4/20/12
to Nematode.net User Forum
I tried almost all nematodes-databases at that time :-)
Probably thats why I cannot reconstruct it.
But I am sure that it is not from nembase4, because
they have completely different IDs.

However, there has been a chance that maybe a link or file on
nematode.net
was removed or renewed.

Thank you for your help,
Nahal

Sahar

Apr 20, 2012, 12:44:57 PM4/20/12
to Nematode.net User Forum
Hi Nahal,

I am fairly certain it is not from Nematode.net as we have never
hosted several of the species you mention above.
Hope you manage to figure out where your dataset came from.

Sahar