wanna to know how to access ostertagia ostertagi gene sequences

APDL helminth

Jul 18, 2012, 12:10:47 PM7/18/12
to nematode...@googlegroups.com
can someone let me know how to access the ostertagia ostertagi gene seuqneces? I can BLAST the database using a protein querry and get a lot matches, but I do not get it with a DNA querry. How would I get those gene sequences of interest for my research? I am working for USDA at Beltsville, MD. Thanks!

John Martin

Jul 18, 2012, 8:28:58 PM7/18/12
to nematode...@googlegroups.com
The O.ostertagi 454 RNAseq data has not officially been made public yet.   To request the possibility of private access to this data please contact Dr. Makedonka Mitreva (mmit...@genome.wustl.edu).   Also, please be aware that we do not currently have a final geneset for O.ostertagi.   We have only unreleased 454 RNAseq isotigs built by the newbler cDNA assembler, and old (circa-2006) sanger EST contigs built using phrap.   The old sanger EST contigs are available on Nematode.net at: