Thank you for your tremendous response and further update on Lakhan

1 view

Anurag Jain

Sep 6, 2017, 3:26:13 AM9/6/17
to ne...@googlegroups.com
Lakhan in Tata Motors Hospital undergoing treatment

Dear Friends,

Thank you for your your tremendous response for helping us out with Lakhan's treatment. Some of you transferred money in a matter of minutes, some in a matter of hours and some in a matter of a day. This provided us with a huge relief for taking forward Lakhan's treatment. I actually had to put on hold some more offers for financial help because we wanted to see how the treatment pans out.

Lakhan is suffering from cellulitis, but this is just the beginning. He underwent an operation on his foot to drain out all the pus, day before yesterday. But even after the operation his bleeding did not stop and we had to arrange for six units of blood. Two units had already been arranged before the operation because his Hemoglobin count was 6.5, which is a whopping 50 % below normal.

Further complications have arisen because both of Lakhan's kidneys are damaged due to alcoholism. This morning the doctors are going to put him to dialysis to drain out the urine.

So, all in all, the picture is not quite optimistic. The expenses of treatment are going to be significant. If it crosses a threshold I may have to raise more money from friends whom I have put to hold. Tomorrow we are going to meet the Head of Department for Surgical OPD to discuss Lakhan's case. Will keep you all posted.

Thank you once again friends !

Love,
Anurag