Snapshots of New NEEV Vidyalaya - Hurlung

1 view

Anurag Jain

Jul 7, 2017, 7:41:26 AM7/7/17
to ne...@googlegroups.com

Dear Friends,

Rains have soaked Jamshedpur. Under the usual overcast sky today, I handed my camera to Dinesh, a class 8 student of NEEV Vidyalaya to take some snapshots of our new school so that I could share them with all of you. Since construction is still on, I cannot treat you to squeaky clean pictures. Nonetheless there is always more life in imperfection that in perfection. So despite Shikha asking me to wait till things are gleaming, I decided to go ahead and share with you life as it happens in NEEV Vidyalaya – unedited ! 😊

Inside the School

Umbrella Collages

Since it is raining, I guess Shikha thought it proper to educate children about umbrellas by making paper umbrella collages. Here are some snaps

That’s a picture perfect pose for all of you from Joya and Babita of Nursery. Though it took some effort from Dinesh

That is Gaurav helping Dev. Gaurav is more interested in teaching than learning. One always manages to find a specimen tecaher in every batch

That’s Mohit surrounded by a bevy of girls. Notice his straight, serious face. Most naughty children appear like this in photos

And this is Pooja alongside Mohit who is figuring out whether he has held his umbrella upside down or not. Pooja, who has been with NEEV since childhood and is in Std 7, has started teaching the younger kids. This is how lineage functions 😊

Tiffin Break

Children of NEEV Vidyalaya find an unlikely but interesting place to have their tiffin. Staying in Hurlung has got me in close proximity with many animals. One of them are goats. Often I pause in my tracks to observe their behavior. I am always intrigued by the way animals behave. For instance I have noticed that goats always have a penchant for walking on walls or anything that is raised above ground level. Perhaps the children of NEEV Vidyalaya, Hurlung have borrowed some of their characteristics.

Pooja – the mother goat with all her kids

Sai, Taposi, Payal and Bhavani

The Classroom

The classroom, according to me, is the most boring, most anesthetizing place on earth. As you shall see in the pic

That is laughing Raja. It is obvious where his interest lies ! Please note, these photos have not been taken by me lest I am charged for having a biased mind 😉

The Studious Teacher

So what if the children don’t take to studies and classroom as a duck takes to water. Teachers do: because they have been schooled

This is Sunita. Assistant teacher to Shikha : always serious and interested in studies

The Anxious Teacher

For Shikha education is a journey into understanding herself. Just today she was sharing during lunch that she had not known herself as an anxious person. Being a teacher has shown how much anxiety she has? Well Shikha, welcome to teaching ! This photo was taken by Dinesh. I am not sure whether he had intended it to be this way 😊

The Smiling Teacher

But the clouds of anxiety do not hang all the time. They usually tend to get dispelled when the Kindergarten leaves at 10:30. And then it reins peace and smiles.

Shikha taking a class for the elder kids

Outside the School

The Assembly Hall

The assembly hall is a favorite haunt for all of us – Shikha, myself and the kids. After all who does not like space. The Assembly hall has been designed to have the benefits of both being an open space and yet being protected by extremes of weather. It is a blusecope roof erected on about 15 feet high pillars. The back of the assembly hall has been purposely been grilled instead of being walled so that the great farming lands of Hurlung are visible. Who knows how long we shall be treated to this view, before the jaws of civilization devour them. But for now it is a great experience to go and sit there in the silence, listening to the mayhem created by birds or the silent fluttering of leaves in the wind.

Assembly Hall – Front view with stage

Assembly Hall – Back view overlooking the farmlands ( The land behind is the land we are wanting to procure subject to availability of funds)

The vast stretch of farmlands seen from the assembly hall

Assembly hall roof from inside – Tata Bluescope

Assembly Hall Roof from Outside – View from terrace

And Most Importantly

Bearing in mind the directive of our honourable Prime Minister for cleanliness, water and sanitation, I end this photo essay with the view of our washrooms area and water pump. As you may see, we gave all attention to details. Because of ongoing construction, I am still unable to give the best shot. For that we have to wait till the construction completes.

Warm wishes,

Anurag

image002.jpg
image028.jpg