Important Beware: Fwd: Etsy conversation from amarula4

Amy L. Rawson

Nov 7, 2009, 9:37:54 PM11/7/09
to needle...@googlegroups.com
Just got this in my Etsy mailbox tonight. Two copies of it, actually. I've reported it to ab...@etsy.com, but I thought I ought to warn all of you nice folks about it, too. It's a total scam, don't even reply to the person (if it's even a real person, may just be a spam-bot) and let Etsy know if you get anything like this yourself.

Amy

Begin forwarded message:

From: Etsy Conversations <conver...@mail.etsy.com>
Date: November 8, 2009 1:39:28 AM EST
Subject: Etsy conversation from amarula4

Sent by amarula4 on November 07, 2009:

Dear Seller,
I am interested in the immediate purchase of your item and  will be make payment via cashier check/money order, my private shipping company will handle the shipping by picking up the item from you, but before payment will be made i need to be sure of who i am dealing with if you are going to be honest and sincere throughout the transaction.
 A certified cashiers check is cash-able the same day,there is going to be an excess fund on the check ,the excess fund is meant for the private shipping company who will come to your place for pick up of the item, so shipping is not a problem, will you be able to transfer the excess fund to the shipping company the same day you receive the check? check would be sent to you so when you get payment you can easily cash it at any cashing point near you or deposit in your bank. You'll be sending excess fund to my shipper which would be meant for shipping arrangement. if you agree, signify your interest by forwarding to me your Final Asking Price, Full Name & Contact Address and Tel # also i will want you to email to my private email address ama...@onlinedstv.com because i had some bad network with my acct in Etsy.com, So plz kindly email me to my email address I await your response soonest.

Best and kind regards.

RoseThis...@aol.com

Nov 7, 2009, 9:47:40 PM11/7/09
to needle...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the warning, Amy!  Unbelievable the lazy scammers out there ruining life for others.  Mean people!

Best wishes,

Bettina Groh

Nov 8, 2009, 12:17:48 AM11/8/09
to needle...@googlegroups.com
This scam has been around forever and recently cropped up again on BearPile.com  .
 I also had a "purchase" on etsy which was never paid for (  followed etsy's instructions and afterward etsy refunded  my fees).
We all have to be careful with on-line purchases!
Bettina Groh   GlassDragon Bears
--
Bettina
Glass Dragon Teddy Bears

KarenKrafts

Nov 8, 2009, 9:20:49 AM11/8/09
to Needlefelters
Wow. That's unreal. Thank you for sharing with us!
-karen