WASHING ALPACA

Gerry Santos

Oct 27, 2009, 3:25:29 PM10/27/09
to Gina
 Hi there, Alpaca is one of my favorites for needle felting!

If the tips are matted, more washing is not going to unmatt them.  When I have a cria fleece that the tips matt on, I tease them apart as much as I can handle.  Then I give them a good soak in hair conditioner/ tepid water.  Then I wash in tepid water, shampoo or dish liquid, rinse.  Repeat as necessary until it comes out clean.  The teasing and conditioning really do a good job at getting those tips apart.  Think no more tangles on children's hair.

Gerry
gourmet felted

Bettina Groh

Oct 27, 2009, 5:07:53 PM10/27/09
to needle...@googlegroups.com
That makes sense! I will give it a try. I do think I got most of the dirt out but the tip clumps were puzzling me! Thanks, bettina groh
--
Bettina
Glass Dragon Teddy Bears