Liberty - Avenue City 200 K

Spencer Klaassen

Mar 13, 2022, 12:35:31 PM3/13/22
to KCUC, Nebraska Rando
Liberty - Avenue City 200 K - ACP event
Liberty 100 K - RUSA event
March 19:  7 am

If you are interested in riding the 100 K or 200 K, please EITHER register at the website or send me a note so we have enough cards and cue sheets available.

The 100 K is the first of 5 rides for the new RUSA Rouleur Award.

The 200 K is the first of 4 rides for the 2022 Super Randonneur Award.  It would also help you with registration for Paris-Brest-Paris in 2023.

My plan is to go back to the use of brevet cards being initialled at local businesses; if this concerns you, please contact me via text or message before the ride.

Finally, for newer riders, the purpose of the 200 K per Ron Himschoot (Seattle):

"The purpose of the 200k is to teach you the basics of how it all works.  How to follow a route. How to get your card validated at controls.  How to ride within time limits."

Ride lots,
Spencer
--

"It is by riding a bicycle that you learn the contours of a country best, since you have to sweat up the hills and coast down them.  Thus you remember them as they actually are, while in a motor car only a high hill impresses you, and you have no such accurate remembrance of country you have driven through as you gain by riding a bicycle." - Ernest Hemingway