Randonneurs USA Awards Survey

Spencer Klaassen

May 26, 2022, 4:05:54 PM5/26/22
to KCUC, Nebraska Rando
We are being asked to publicize the recently-created RUSA Awards Survey to local riders. The RUSA Board and the RUSA Awards Review Committee are trying to assess how motivating the (fairly large) collection of RUSA, ACP, and RM awards are for members.

You may have seen this in the latest RUSA Between Controls e-news. If you've filled it out, thanks. If not, here is the link for your possible interest (a very short survey!):

-Spencer

The original e-news blurb said:

Randonneurs USA (RUSA) and other international randonneuring organizations recognize those who have achieved milestones in their randonneuring endeavors with awards.  Some of these are published in our American Randonneur magazine and on our website.  Most awards also have a corresponding medal, plaque or patch available for purchase.

This brief three question survey is being administered to gain input from the membership at large about randonneuring awards and the type of awards that may be motivating to some members (ie. continuous riding, accumulated distance, short distance focused, geography specialty long-distance focused, etc...).  We are also interested in getting your pulse on some possible other ideas for recognition as well.

Additionally, we also recognize that awards may not be a motivating factor for everyone, but they may be for others.  In this case, we hope you support them as part of our overall program.

Thank you for taking time to share your thoughts on which awards may appeal to you to ride more kms, more places, more continuously.

Bonne Route...