600 K & 200K x 2 weekend

Spencer Klaassen

May 10, 2021, 7:44:15 AM5/10/21
to KCUC, Nebraska Rando, Ed Husted, baxca...@gmail.com, Keith Morical
600 K & 200K x 2 weekend
May 15th, 6am

If you are interested in either ride, please either send me a note or complete an electronic registration.  https://www.audaxkc.com/

Both rides start at 6 am in KCK and will follow the same route to nearly Emporia.  That said, both will also have a detour starting in Eudora and continuing until we are SW of Wellsville.  Thanks to Keith for creating the GPS tracks and maps!

The 200 K will overnight in Emporia while the 600 K crew heads to Junction City and back.
I have added an option of hopping on the Flint Hills Nature Trail from Bushong to Council Grove if you want to get off of US-56.  Thanks to Paul for the suggestion.

The second 200 K will be from Emporia back to KCK.  If our timing is good, we may get to share some miles with the 600 K crew.

Finally, I don't have any plans for a drop bag service for these rides.

Ride lots,
Spencer

--

"It is by riding a bicycle that you learn the contours of a country best, since you have to sweat up the hills and coast down them.  Thus you remember them as they actually are, while in a motor car only a high hill impresses you, and you have no such accurate remembrance of country you have driven through as you gain by riding a bicycle." - Ernest Hemingway