Pre-Season

Spencer Klaassen

Mar 6, 2023, 9:45:59 PM3/6/23
to KCUC, Nebraska Rando
Pre-Season
Pre-season is just about over, so to make everyone's lives a little easier, I thought of a few things:

Springfield - Sarcoxie 200 K at 7 am on March 11th

1)  Be sure your membership is up to date.  You can't get credit without being a member.  Just remember, it is easier to renew on a home computer vs standing in cold March rain trying to do it right before the ride.

2) This is a Paris-Brest-Paris year, so everything matters a little more.

3) Because your RBA is selfish and #2, be on time.  I will try to have a quick rider meeting about 10 minutes before the start of the ride. I prefer to ride with the group, so I could be grumpy if my friends drop me at the start while I register a late arriving rider.  Plus, I am planning on qualifying and finishing PBP.

4) Signing the waiver electronically and updating your address saves me a lot of time.  That said, I will bring a paper waiver to the start, just in case.

5) If you forget to register & sign a waiver early, please drop me a message so I can have enough cards and cue sheets at the start.  I often travel to the start of rides, so if you can do this on Thursday night, that would be very helpful.

6)  BTW, PBP still uses brevet cards, so will Kansas City.

Ride lots!
-Spencer

--

"It is by riding a bicycle that you learn the contours of a country best, since you have to sweat up the hills and coast down them.  Thus you remember them as they actually are, while in a motor car only a high hill impresses you, and you have no such accurate remembrance of country you have driven through as you gain by riding a bicycle." - Ernest Hemingway

Robb Rempel

Mar 6, 2023, 9:46:07 PM3/6/23
to nebraska_san...@googlegroups.com

Thank you for your email. I will be away from the office and have no access to email from March 6-10. I'll return all messages when I get return.

Robb

Keith G

Mar 6, 2023, 10:26:32 PM3/6/23
to Spencer Klaassen, KCUC, Nebraska Rando
Following along on Spencer's email, specifically regarding electronic registrations:  if you have ANY issues or questions on the process, the electronic waiver, the registration forms, or the webpage and calendar entries, please send me an email.  I'm happy to help show you how it works.  Once you get the hang of it, it really does make it easier for everyone involved.

Sincerely, your Audax KC and NESHR volunteer website guy.

See you out there!

Keith Gates (kG)
RUSA #1445
www.commuterDude.com