Fwd: [RUSA-RBA] Third Annual International Women's Day Together We Ride 2022: March 5-8th 2022

Spencer Klaassen

Feb 12, 2022, 8:40:33 AM2/12/22
to KCUC, Nebraska Rando

This is the 3rd Annual International Women’s Day Together We Ride bike ride in 2022:  https://inspyrdcyclist.blog/2022/01/25/international-womens-day-together-we-ride-2022-a-bike-ride-for-equality-inclusion-and-positive-social-change/

  • Ride between Saturday, March 5th and Tuesday, March 8th (International Women's Day is on Tuesday)
  • Distance based on any RUSA calendared events, RUSA populaires, RUSA permanents, ACP Brevets
  • For those interested, a commemorative Persistence Patch of Honor will be available for purchase for $10 at the store here:  https://inspyrdmovement.org/store
  • Additionally, to be more inclusive and allow more flexibility for weather/safety as well as shorter distances to allow more non-RUSA participants, there are many options available.  If anyone would like to do a non-RUSA calendared ride (less than 100K, indoor or outdoor, varied terrain), there is flexibility in 2022 to allow for this.  Please refer to details above.
  • If any region/individual would like any of the graphics I have for the event, please reach out to me and I would be glad to share them with you to spread the good 'ole International Women's Day Together We Ride word.

For a blog summary of the 2022 ride, please refer here:  https://inspyrdcyclist.blog/2021/12/07/international-womens-day-together-we-ride-2021-summary-of-the-2nd-annual-bike-ride-for-equality-inclusion-and-change/

For review and recap of last year’s event in American Randonneur Volume 24, Issue #2 Summer 2021:  https://rusa.org/sites/default/files/2021-09/AR_Summer_2021.pdf

If anyone has any questions, comments, suggestions, please feel free to reach out to me directly.

Respectfully,

Dawn Piech

RUSA #10146

https://inspyrdmovement.org

IWD-Ride-Logo-Square-2022_WHITE-2-COLOR.png

IWD-Patch-2022-FINAL.png

"It is by riding a bicycle that you learn the contours of a country best, since you have to sweat up the hills and coast down them.  Thus you remember them as they actually are, while in a motor car only a high hill impresses you, and you have no such accurate remembrance of country you have driven through as you gain by riding a bicycle." - Ernest Hemingway