Sept 11th 200 K

Spencer Klaassen

Sep 2, 2021, 5:54:35 PM9/2/21
to KCUC, Nebraska Rando
Sept 11th 200 K

September 11 ACP Centenary Brevet Anniversary of the first Brevet event 100 years ago on this date.  This is a historic event for ACP, RUSA and randonneur groups around the world.  A special commemorative medallion has been created for riders that complete the ride.

See the attached pic.  I have acquired 5 of these medallions which will be distributed to the first 5 registered riders at the event.  If I have underestimated the interest, riders who finish the ride can order a medal from the RUSA store.

Ride Details: 200k, Missouri Valley 200 K route
Glenwood, IA start.
See the website for details:  http://www.nebraskasandhillsrandonneurs.com/

Thanks,
Spencer
ACP Medallion.jpeg

Spencer Klaassen

Sep 2, 2021, 8:58:58 PM9/2/21
to KCUC, Nebraska Rando
Two other quick notes:

1) Parking in Glenwood:  if you are driving up for the day:
Per Joe Edwards (local resident):  Just south of Casey’s is a laundromat. That is the best place to park. Large lot available.

If you are coming up the night before, I will be in Glenwood on Friday night.  More than likely heading to Keg Creek Brewing for a beer and some stories that evening.  Feel free to join me.  Just text me at 816-244-9692, I can let you know what is going on.

2) Rod and I did the South Dakota 600 K last weekend.  We both had fun despite the intense storms and nagging headwinds.  Bruce Jones puts on a nice event that loops back to the start hotel for the overnight.  There were lots of nice low traffic roads in SE South Dakota.  I really enjoyed going across the dam at Gavin's Point as well as rolling through U of South Dakota in Vermillion.  The ride can give you four states (SD, NE, IA, MN) if you are chasing them on the American Explorer Award.  I can't speak for Rod, but I plan to head back up for more of his events.

Ride lots,
Spencer
--

"It is by riding a bicycle that you learn the contours of a country best, since you have to sweat up the hills and coast down them.  Thus you remember them as they actually are, while in a motor car only a high hill impresses you, and you have no such accurate remembrance of country you have driven through as you gain by riding a bicycle." - Ernest Hemingway