Electronic Registration Improvement

Keith G

Mar 8, 2022, 8:10:50 PM3/8/22
to KCUC, Nebraska Rando
Hey there, randonneurs!

We've rolled out a small improvement to the electronic registration process.
To eliminate redundant information and speed things up, you will now be presented with a "short form" when you click on "Register for this Event" in any of the ride calendar entries.

The form looks roughly the same, but only asks you for:
- Your email address
- Your RUSA number
- Which ride you're registering for

If you've registered with us before, we already have the rest of your information on file.

If you HAVE NOT registered with us before, OR if you need to update the information we have on file, there is a link to the "full registration form" in the top section (shown below):

image.png

The rest of the process with the new digital waiver remains the same as outlined in the video we sent a few weeks ago.

The only thing we can't modify or control is RUSA's digital waiver, so the information therein still needs to be populated - but, this improvement to our form should speed up the overall process and remove redundancy.

As always, questions are welcome any time!

Keith Gates  (kG)
RUSA #1445
www.commuterDude.com
Inspiring cyclists since 2002

Keith G

Mar 15, 2022, 4:25:30 PM3/15/22
to KCUC, Nebraska Rando
Hi, randonneurs!
A week back I sent out a note about our "shortened and improved" registration process, but it has required a small running change.
If you click on the "register for this event" link inside a Ride Calendar listing, you'll be taken - at first - to the original long form.
For those that have registered in the past, the Short Form link is right below the form title (see image below).

After a week of chasing down missing info from several new-to-us riders, the intent behind this latest change is to have the default behavior capture as much information as possible.
For those already in our database, just click on the Short Form link, which will only ask for your email, RUSA number, and event.
As before, the waiver process is unchanged.

Thank you for your patience as we tweak these things.
Questions welcome, as always!

image.png