New RUSA Award - Rouleur Award

1 view

Spencer Klaassen

Sep 25, 2021, 11:49:26 AM9/25/21
to KCUC, Nebraska Rando
RUSA has a new award.  Right now we don't have the correct ride distances for a local rider to earn the award.  If you have interest in working towards this award in 2022, contact me off list.

Details here:
https://rusa.org/pages/award-rouleur

Thanks,
Spencer

image.png

Gary DelNero

Sep 25, 2021, 5:54:11 PM9/25/21
to Spencer Klaassen, KCUC, Nebraska Rando, dan clinkinbeard
In the "details", the patch is "in development". I was ready to do it for the patch.
Good question about e-bikes at this distance. Maybe ok for the "over-70" group? Keep our legacy members involved? Can we use any McD's as a control?
Archie Bunker would work with Archie as the turn-around.

Bigger question- would this draw new riders who might progress to longer distances? They need to be rusa members to ride these, so maybe.
We probably don't want to be perceived as competing with club rides, which are quite different in terms of cost, support and number of riders, but as expanding opportunities.
On Saturday, September 25, 2021, 03:37:06 PM CDT, 'dan clinkinbeard' via KCUC <kc...@googlegroups.com> wrote:

Interesting. Can you do it on the E bike🇺🇸🚵🏻🤔

Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPhone