Issue 74 in neatx: Create a distfile for to permit the ports creation for freebsd

ne...@googlecode.com

Aug 13, 2011, 6:55:56 AM8/13/11
to ne...@googlegroups.com
Owner: ----
Labels: Type-Defect Priority-Medium

New issue 74 by mary.apo...@gmail.com: Create a distfile for to permit the
ports creation for freebsd
http://code.google.com/p/neatx/issues/detail?id=74

Hi

Thanks for your work.

Could you create a distfile for to permit the validation of the PR for the
creation port in freebsd ?

the ticket :http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=150316

Best Regards

Timothy Beyer

Aug 14, 2011, 3:13:26 AM8/14/11
to ne...@googlegroups.com, Timothy Beyer
At Sat, 13 Aug 2011 10:55:56 +0000,

Hi,

As the submitter of that FreeBSD problem report, I would second that request for occasional official tarball releases. I don't know of any good hosting services for unofficial tarballs of third-party projects. (for example I think that most hosting providers such as berliOS or google code would be against it)

Also, I'm not even sure if the submission even works (on FreeBSD) at runtime. I recently wrote some more patches for it to get rid of errors that I was seeing on my system, which I believe would not be of use to the core project.

Te problem report was rejected because it performed a subversion checkout, and I think that some linux distributions might have similar policies regarding checkouts as well.

Best Regards,
Tim

ne...@googlecode.com

Aug 14, 2011, 7:30:08 AM8/14/11
to ne...@googlegroups.com

Comment #1 on issue 74 by bobw...@gmail.com: Create a distfile for to
permit the ports creation for freebsd
http://code.google.com/p/neatx/issues/detail?id=74

Hi,

As the submitter of that FreeBSD problem report, I second the request for

official tarball releases. I don't know of any good hosting services for
unofficial tarballs of third-party projects. (for example I think that
most hosting providers such as berliOS or google code would be against it)

Also, I'm not even sure if the submission even works (on FreeBSD) at
runtime. I recently wrote some more patches for it to get rid of errors
that I was seeing on my system, which I believe would not be of use to the
core project.

The problem report was rejected because it performed a subversion checkout,
and I think that linux distributions might have similar policies regarding
checkouts as well.

Regards,
Tim

ne...@googlecode.com