Re: Issue 20 in neatx: Please add support for usermode authentication

ne...@googlecode.com

Dec 22, 2010, 1:00:14 PM12/22/10
to ne...@googlegroups.com

Comment #10 on issue 20 by n...@2thebatcave.com: Please add support for
usermode authentication
http://code.google.com/p/neatx/issues/detail?id=20

Are there any complete (non-hacked) clients that support usermode
authentication with neatx without this patch? If not, could we get a
configurable version of this change checked-in? It is a pain to keep
having to patch all of these machines managed by different people because
the fix isn't upstream in neatx. Freenx worked fine with usermode
authentication after a simple configuration change, but we have mostly
dumped freenx for neatx because neatx seems to be more reliable.

Nico Kadel-Garcia

Dec 22, 2010, 11:59:36 PM12/22/10
to neatx
Good luck with that. The last published code change I see was
apparently in February. There's no forther changes, or comments on
planned changes, from kormat, not even in the branches.

On Dec 22, 1:00 pm, ne...@googlecode.com wrote:
> Comment #10 on issue 20 by n...@2thebatcave.com: Please add support for
> usermode authenticationhttp://code.google.com/p/neatx/issues/detail?id=20
>
> Are there any complete (non-hacked) clients that support usermode
> authentication with neatx without this patch?  If not, could we get a
> configurable version of this change checked-in?  It is a pain to keep
> having to patch all of these machines managed by different people because
> the fix isn't upstream in neatx.  Freenx worked fine with usermode
> authentication after a simple configuration change, but we have mostly
> dumped freenx for neatx because neatx seems to be more reliable.

There have been no published changes in the neatx trunk since

Nico Kadel-Garcia

Dec 23, 2010, 12:00:43 AM12/23/10
to neatx
And if you need to maintain your own local repository with upstream
merges pulled in and local changes, committed, consider using a git
repsitory with the gitsvn tools.