Issue 69 in neatx: client crashing when trying to use shadow mode

ne...@googlecode.com

Dec 11, 2010, 10:39:07 PM12/11/10
to ne...@googlegroups.com
Owner: ----
Labels: Type-Defect Priority-Medium

New issue 69 by kasalkevin: client crashing when trying to use shadow mode
http://code.google.com/p/neatx/issues/detail?id=69

What steps will reproduce the problem?
1. Install neatx from ppa:freenx-team in maverick
2. write exit 0 into nxshadowacl
3. In node.conf set:
"ENABLE_SESSION_SHADOWING_AUTHORIZATION=1"
"ENABLE_INTERACTIVE_SESSION_SHADOWING=1"
4. Go to another computer and log into your neatx server (tested only with
kde)
5. Go to a second computer and try to connect to the server in shadow
mode(=> with the same user)

Got error message:
"The NX client recieved an error from the server . Please check the details
for more information."

neatx_0.3.1+svn59-0~ppa1~lucid1_all
using ubuntu minimal installation with KDE running

I don't know python very well, howerver I made a dirty hack to get
everything working again:
agent.py:

def __CheckOptsChars(self, opts):
"""Checks to make sure option name/values don't contain illegal
characters.

@type opts: dict
@param opts: Options

"""

for name, value in opts.iteritems():
self.__CheckStrChars(name, "Name of option %r" % name)
#self.__CheckStrChars(value, "Value of option %r (%r)" % (name,
value))

As you can easily see, i just removed a line of code...
Not the best solution, but it's working now.

Attachments:
client.txt 1.6 KB
syslog.txt 13.7 KB
syslog_working_withhack 25.0 KB