NX Session failing

Hideaki

Dec 20, 2010, 1:42:54 PM12/20/10
to neatx
I setup neatx on my Ubuntu 10.10 machine and it works perfectly over
LAN, but I the session keeps failing when I attempt to connect over
the internet. The log shows no errors or any useful information what
so ever as far as I can tell:

NXPROXY - Version 3.4.0

Copyright (C) 2001, 2010 NoMachine.
See http://www.nomachine.com/ for more information.

Info: Proxy running in client mode with pid '28513'.
Session: Starting session at 'Mon Dec 20 10:41:15 2010'.
Info: Connection with remote proxy completed.
Info: Using ADSL link parameters 512/24/1/0.
Info: Using cache parameters 4/4096KB/16384KB/16384KB.
Info: Using pack method 'adaptive-7' with session 'gnome'.
Info: Using product 'GPL'.
Info: Using ZLIB data compression 1/1/32.
Info: Using ZLIB stream compression 4/4.
Info: No suitable cache file found.
Info: Forwarding X11 connections to display ':0.0'.
Info: Listening to font server connections on port '10676'.
Session: Session started at 'Mon Dec 20 10:41:15 2010'.
Info: Established X server connection.
Info: Using shared memory parameters 1/4096K.
Session: Terminating session at 'Mon Dec 20 10:42:15 2010'.

As you can see, I can connect and authenticate but then it hangs on
Established the Display Connection and then simply displays "Session
<hostname> failed". I've tried this on 2 different Ubuntu installs
using the neatx packages offered in the FreeNX PPA.

Any help on this issue would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

Hideaki

Dec 21, 2010, 9:00:08 AM12/21/10
to neatx
I just tried FreeNX instead of neatx and I'm having the exact same
problem. What could be wrong with my setup? The SSH ports are
forwarded correctly in my router, SSH works perfectly and so does
using X applications over SSH but I simply cannot get NX to work
across the internet.

On Dec 20, 10:42 am, Hideaki <hideak...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I setup neatx on my Ubuntu 10.10 machine and it works perfectly over
> LAN, but I the session keeps failing when I attempt to connect over
> the internet. The log shows no errors or any useful information what
> so ever as far as I can tell:
>
> NXPROXY - Version 3.4.0
>
> Copyright (C) 2001, 2010 NoMachine.
> Seehttp://www.nomachine.com/for more information.

Hideaki

Dec 21, 2010, 9:24:51 AM12/21/10
to neatx
Well, as it turns out, this seems to be an issue with the official
NoMachine client. I was able to connect to my server using QTNX. I'd
still like to be able to use the official client though. Any help on
why this might be happening would be greatly appreciated.