Marshfield 900 Back on the Air

Jeff Lehmann

Jul 20, 2019, 12:18:18 PM7/20/19
to NEAR-900
Marshfield 900 is now back on the air and on the network. KC1HO and I spend hours last night troubleshooting and were finally able to piece together one good working Quantar out of the 2 we have. When I went to the site I forgot my HT, so was unable to properly set and balance the audio levels. I may return later this afternoon/evening to do that, but for now it should at least be usable.

73
Jeff N1ZZN

Roger Coulson

Jul 20, 2019, 1:27:40 PM7/20/19
to Near-900
I believe Marshfield is using a 100 watt Motorola Quantar.  These are still available from Sunny Communications at very reasonable prices and he also sells parts.

There are several Quantar repeaters on NEAR-900(Marlboro, Waltham, Framingham, Marshfield, etc).  It would be good to know the forensics: what died and why.

Roger
WA1NVC

Sent using my fat fimgers on my Android device !

Lee M. Lemoine

Jul 20, 2019, 3:01:23 PM7/20/19
to near...@googlegroups.com
Reason: Batwing turned dingbat.

--
Sincerely,
Lee M. Lemoine

kc1ho

Jul 20, 2019, 6:30:03 PM7/20/19
to near...@googlegroups.com
Lee's got it - the exciter locks up and reboots when we try to save the calibration, though the firmware chip works fine in another exciter.  Another problem is the PA is intermittent - jumps between 20 watts and 90 watts.  There also may be an audio problem on the controller.

HO

Mike davis

Jul 21, 2019, 6:30:19 AM7/21/19
to near...@googlegroups.com
Happy to say, I was the first reply to Jeff's radio check as the repeater came to life. Thanks again Jeff for you and Ho "doin' your thing"

Sent from Mike's iPad WA1MAD