Whitman 900 Net on Abington Tonight

Jeff Lehmann

Aug 26, 2021, 10:22:56 AM8/26/21
to near...@googlegroups.com

I had a request to have our regular Thursday night “Whitman 900 Net” on the Abington repeater for a week to see how signals might be better (or worse). We’ll give it a shot tonight, so at 8 PM we’ll have the net on the Abington (called Abington 2 in some radios) 927.625 repeater. If your radios hasn’t been programmed in a couple years it might still be in there as Pembroke.

Talk to you tonight!

73

Jeff  AJ1L

Jonathan Jesse

Aug 28, 2021, 8:15:12 AM8/28/21
to Near-900
I'm sorry that I didn't see this until it was too late. Did anyone check in?
If I can, I'll be there next Thursday if there's another try.

Jon WS1K

Jeff Lehmann

Aug 28, 2021, 1:21:49 PM8/28/21
to near...@googlegroups.com

Yes we had 8 stations in the net including myself. We’ll be back on the Whitman 927.6875 repeater this coming Thursday at 8.

73

Jeff  AJ1L

Jonathan Jesse

Aug 30, 2021, 6:48:10 AM8/30/21
to Near-900
Cool.  Hope to be there.
Thanks Jeff.
73,
Jon WS1K

Glenn Shaw

Aug 30, 2021, 10:42:51 AM8/30/21
to near...@googlegroups.com
Hey Jeff and Jonathan. I was checking out my radio yesterday. And it was programmed as Pembroke from when Jeff progged it at Plane Janes a while back. And I was able to hit Abington from my QTH in Hingham full quieting. Its on the charger and I will be on the net too thurs.
Later Glenn K1GAS

It is easier to fool someone, than it is to convince them that they have been fooled. Mark Twain

Sent from my iPhone 4G Phablet.

On Aug 30, 2021, at 06:48, Jonathan Jesse <drunkk...@gmail.com> wrote:

Cool.  Hope to be there.

Jeff Lehmann

Sep 2, 2021, 7:05:14 PM9/2/21
to near...@googlegroups.com
Just a reminder that this net will be back on its usual repeater, Whitman 927.6875 tonight at 8.

Whitman may be programmed in old radios as Taunton.

73
Jeff - AJ1L

On Aug 30, 2021, at 10:42 AM, 'Glenn Shaw' via Near-900 <near...@googlegroups.com> wrote:

 Hey Jeff and Jonathan. I was checking out my radio yesterday. And it was programmed as Pembroke from when Jeff progged it at Plane Janes a while back. And I was able to hit Abington from my QTH in Hingham full quieting. Its on the charger and I will be on the net too thurs.

Glenn Shaw

Sep 2, 2021, 8:19:38 PM9/2/21
to near...@googlegroups.com
Hi Jeff. On the net tonite. The Whitman repeater is just breaking the squelch on my 9250. It is marked as Taunton. It is not strong enough for me here in Hingham   Would have to drive up a high hill to make it work. Sorry about that. Abington works pretty good to a MTX9250 here halfway up Turkey Hill in Hingham. It was marked as Pembroke. I really need to update this radio. LOL. I was able to copy a bit of the net. 73. Glenn K1GAS