Re: [GEMOTO:20568] Deerfield Saddleback online?

Jeff Lehmann

Apr 28, 2022, 10:39:10 AM4/28/22
to gem...@googlegroups.com, NEAR-900
I heard and was keying up at times the repeater from Gloucester, MA this morning. Seemed that at times the PL encoded by the repeater wasn’t opening up my mobile.

73
Jeff - AJ1L

On Apr 27, 2022, at 7:26 PM, 'paul...@yahoo.com' via GEMOTO <gem...@googlegroups.com> wrote:

 Hi all,
Saddleback in Deerfield is up, but how coverage I do not know. I didn’t bring a wattmeter. The internal meter says full power 1.1 SWR, but I have a isolator inline so all the power could be reflected to load. I ran it and old didn’t seem warm so I assume line and antenna are still okay. Antenna is around 35 feet above ground. Original antenna is hundreds of feet above ground but line is bad at end of line.

73’s

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "GEMOTO" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/gemoto/1838933562.1227169.1651101887096%40mail.yahoo.com.

Dave Green

Apr 28, 2022, 11:20:10 AM4/28/22
to gem...@googlegroups.com, NEAR-900
Hi Paul and Jeff,
I also can bring up the Deerfield 900 repeater from my house in Littleton MA. I desense myself so I can’t tell if there is a stripped pl tail. But thanks for fixing it Paul!
73
Dave-K1PRE

Matt Wagner

Apr 28, 2022, 12:04:24 PM4/28/22
to near...@googlegroups.com, gem...@googlegroups.com
Terrific! I've just recently set up an old XTS1500 and will have to add this in.

Is this the repeater that people use on-site at NEARFest? I have a vague recollection of some sort of portable repeater?

paul...@yahoo.com

Apr 28, 2022, 12:19:06 PM4/28/22
to near...@googlegroups.com, gem...@googlegroups.com
It could be the pl tone is too low. I will have to setup another signal generator and make sure station monitor was correct. I set PL for 250 Hz and ID for about 900 and voice for 2.5 kHz. Maybe I should have gone with 500 Hz on tone?

.

Jeff Lehmann

Apr 28, 2022, 12:26:17 PM4/28/22
to near...@googlegroups.com, gem...@googlegroups.com
WA1NVC’s portable repeater on the grounds at NEARFest is called “GEMOTO” in most codeplugs,

927.5875 100.0/902.5875 131.8, no HC

73
Jeff - AJ1L

Jeff Lehmann

Apr 28, 2022, 12:27:12 PM4/28/22
to near...@googlegroups.com, gem...@googlegroups.com
Yes that might be a bit too low for the PL deviation. 500 Hz would probably do it.

73
Jeff - AJ1L

On Apr 28, 2022, at 12:19 PM, 'paul...@yahoo.com' via Near-900 <near...@googlegroups.com> wrote:

 It could be the pl tone is too low. I will have to setup another signal generator and make sure station monitor was correct. I set PL for 250 Hz and ID for about 900 and voice for 2.5 kHz. Maybe I should have gone with 500 Hz on tone?

paul...@yahoo.com

Apr 28, 2022, 12:45:35 PM4/28/22
to gem...@googlegroups.com, near...@googlegroups.com, gem...@googlegroups.com
Hi Jeff,
I can’t recall exactly but I did that because of what I had for settings from past and not sure other than a ratio of levels to bandwidth. Wideband I believe is 500 Hz for tone and 5 kHz for voice, narrowband being half everything if halved.

I’ll just set it for about 500 if my service monitor is still correct. Going to see now.

My memory she is not so good and and now I find out I am having a hard time screwing the connectors on as I had hurt my hands using a hammer drill a year ago. Had to fight to get N connector on the PA last night when putting Deerfield together.

Jeff Lehmann

Apr 29, 2022, 6:42:37 AM4/29/22
to gem...@googlegroups.com, near...@googlegroups.com
False alarm for the PL not decoding. I see it’s set up to encode only on COS, no PL on the tail. Working well on portable here in line at NEARFest!

73
Jeff - AJ1L

On Apr 28, 2022, at 12:45 PM, 'paul...@yahoo.com' via GEMOTO <gem...@googlegroups.com> wrote:

 Hi Jeff,

paul...@yahoo.com

Apr 29, 2023, 10:33:22 AM4/29/23
to gem...@googlegroups.com, near...@googlegroups.com, gem...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,
I just found out while at NearFest that Saddleback is off air. I have requested permission to access the repeater but have received no approval as of this time. I will update the status once I can access it. I assume Georgetown is still online. I got locked out of Yahoo mail and finally got in so I was disconnected from the groups.

Have a great day!

Paul

Jeff Lehmann

Apr 29, 2023, 4:56:37 PM4/29/23
to gem...@googlegroups.com, near...@googlegroups.com
Thanks, Paul!

Sorry I missed you at NEARFest this time. Yes Georgetown and Goffstown seem to be working fine.

Let us know if there’s anything we can do to help.

73
Jeff - AJ1L