Projects

Jeff Lehmann

Jan 27, 2019, 8:38:27 PM1/27/19
to NEAR-900
I made some progress with a couple 900 projects this weekend.

3 interface cables were built to connect pi-IRLP nodes to the Wrentham, Abington, and one other to be announced repeater. This will allow for getting Wrentham back on the air and linked to the network, and getting Abington 927.625 linked for the first time. Funds are being raised (PayPal: w1...@yahoo.com) to buy an IRLP node and necessary parts for Abington.

Plans are in place for me to pick up a replacement repeater for Wrentham from Roger WA1NVC sometime either during the week or next weekend. Once that happens, getting the IRLP node hard wired shouldn’t take too much effort. The node was previously going into the repeater over the air, so it should sound better now, and will also allow for having the PL on the output of the repeater constantly transmitting, so we can once again program radios with the RX PL of 131.8. 927.4875 seems to be a popular frequency for baby monitors. I haven’t talked with N1UEC about changing to the 927.0625 input frequency on Wrentham yet... when we’re at the site, we can take a look at the input and see if it appears changing to it would be an improvement.

I’ve got about 2 months or so where my weekends are going to be free with the exception of a couple that I’ll be on call. I’d like to FINALLY make it out to the Provin Mountain/Feeding Hills site to get that repeater changed over to the 927.0625 input. That site has severe interference on the current 927.800 input, and will greatly benefit from the change. If anyone is interested in assisting me going out there to make the change, let me know, and I can try to schedule it with W1QA.

73
Jeff N1ZZN

Jed Barton

Jan 27, 2019, 8:45:06 PM1/27/19