help with linking...Scituate, RI KR1RI 927.8125

Seth Blais

Jan 21, 2024, 9:50:23 PMJan 21
to Near-900
All...

We would like to link the Scituate KR1RI 927.8125 repeater to the NEAR-900 network.  We are running a Moto MSF 5000 but it is not set up for IP linking.  Is there someone out there who might be skilled with this setup who we could entice to give us assistance? Of course, lunch would be on us.

Thanks,

Seth/W1SGB

Roger(WA1NVC) Coulson

Jan 21, 2024, 10:11:04 PMJan 21
to near...@googlegroups.com
Seth,

You will need an internet connection at your repeater site. This can be
a cellular modem at about $10/month.

You will need a PiRLP node.

https://irlp.net/PiRLP4.html

You can order it here.
https://irlp.net/order.html

You will need to make a cable between your MSF5000 and the PiRLP.

The NEAR-900 sysops can get you set up on the NEAR-900 network once you
have the PiRLP connected to your MSF5000 and running.

Roger
WA1NVC
> --
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/near-900/9c564207-f92a-4f56-a043-2e6b1479335fn%40googlegroups.com <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/near-900/9c564207-f92a-4f56-a043-2e6b1479335fn%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>.

Seth Blais

Jan 21, 2024, 10:17:44 PMJan 21
to near...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Roger, I’ll take a look at the equipment. We have AREDN mesh microwave at that site with internet access.

> On Jan 21, 2024, at 10:11 PM, Roger(WA1NVC) Coulson <wa1...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Seth,
> --- You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "Near-900" group.
> To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/near-900/a84dab3b-2d52-4935-ac7f-b12954b1a1b0%40gmail.com.

Jeff Lehmann

Jan 22, 2024, 8:47:09 AMJan 22
to near...@googlegroups.com
AREDN is something I'd be interested in learning more about with some sites I'm involved with on the south shore... Would really like to get working links at sites like the Marshfield WATD tower and the Bridgewater water tank behind the college where the W1MV repeaters are.

73
Jeff AJ1L
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to near-900+u...@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/near-900/33416C51-890E-4CBE-8550-681FACFB724B%40gmail.com.

Ben Jackson

Jan 22, 2024, 10:37:50 PMJan 22
to near...@googlegroups.com
I would be happy to discuss all things AREDN.

There is pretty good penetration in NH and RI, but MA is full of
opportunities. An effort is just starting to make a push to find MA
sites to form some kind of backbone.

If there is interest I'd be happy to pass any e-Mails to the group for
our next Zoom meeting.

Ben
N1WBV, FN41lp

Seth Blais

Jan 23, 2024, 9:22:34 PMJan 23
to Near-900
Ben,

We started in RI with using Fire lookout towers.  If you can get access they are generally all within line of site of each other.

We have a tower in Northern RI that has line of sight to the summit of Mt. Wachusett if anyone can get equipment there.

73,
Seth/W1SGB