900 MHz Repeaters in North Carolina

Bill Curtis

Aug 18, 2020, 1:57:55 PM8/18/20
to Near-900
Hello Everyone,

I'm very impressed with the network of 900 MHz repeaters that are up in Massachusetts.  I use them whenever I come back home to New England to visit family and friends.  I have (2) 900 MHz repeaters online here that you can use if you pass through the area.  The most recent one is 927.025/902.025 PL 107.2 hz in Sparta, NC @ 3900' asl near the Blue Ridge Parkway in Sparta, NC.  And I do have 927.1375/902.1375 PL tone 131.8 hz (transmits 100.0 hz PL), located in McCain, NC.  It's on the exact frequency pair and PL structure as Watham, MA.  It provides good coverage on I-95 from Benson, NC all the way down to Latta, SC (covering the Fayetteville NC area also).  So if you have a 900 MHz radio in your car, and your heading south towards Florida, dial-up the Waltham frequency memory and give a shout.

73s
Bill,
N1RIK

Richard Solomon